Saturday, June 21, 2014

The hidden political secret behind semi trucks in Wyoming oil fields and highways that have no brakes.

Whenever I see the occasional article regarding a semi related accident, it strikes me that the driver is ALWAYS cited, and NEVER is there any reported investigation into the truck's maintenance, or lack of it. Was this accident caused by faulty brakes? Having worked that kind of off-road, small company type driving for quite a while, let me fill you in. First of all, since the work is largely seasonal, the truck takes a lot of abuse, these smaller companies are going out of business to larger interests, and much is government funded, insurance scams are the norm. And most of these jobs I was sent to by the Work Center. In other words, the owner gets quietly rich through the insurance payments on a crashed truck. They deliberately seek out poorer drivers desperate for work - Who will accept being underpaid what they were originally promised, and look the other way when the pay vouchers do not state "Hours Worked," but by the "Load," instead. So, if the driver drives fatigued overtime to get extra loads, whatever paperwork he dutifully turns in are tossed. If he's fool enough to do so. And the pressure to do so is not subtle. Trucks are fixed only enough to run, and a good driver doesn't need brakes that much, anyway, except in an emergent situation. There are more of these rigs on the road ready to fall apart in front of you than you know. I've seen entire wheel assemblies come off - Usually on dirt roads, belly dumps full of gravel suddenly open, and, once, I had to use a flashlight in my mouth to see the speedometer. The rest of the instrument panel simply didn't work. If the tanker is improperly HAZMAT placarded, the owner doesn't care - The driver gets the ticket and points off his own insurance rating. That truck's lighting system blinked like a Christmas tree - Headlights, too. The owner had rewired it wrong. Sometimes, if one is a trouble-maker, they'll do things like that on purpose. Like having the mechanic spray the steps with lubricant. I threw my shoulder out that way, but didn't go to get stitches. Their promised medical benefits never materialize. It's kind of America's own slave trade (Outside WALMART). One owner on a local Federal highway job deliberately leased trucks, like with faulty clutches. Telling the novice drivers they didn't know how to shift. And when the clutch blew, he would fire them. But rehire them the next day if they paid for a brand new clutch. Then he left town with the paychecks one day, even though I'd tried to tell authorities in writing in advance. The drivers ALWAYS get the blame. And having a CDL is a special legislative punishment designed by politicians who get off on passing heavy fines on some despicable social caste. Everyone hates truck drivers. So one can be extra fined even in one's own car when cited. It's really kind of a political Hate Crime. So, such drivers never complain, of course. So, if in any such accident, do you think the driver will point these things out? Do you think the cops even ask? Do you think the Politicians turn a blind eye? Of course, the cost of being an attempted whisteblower is immense. I got set up for a mickey and a DUI at a local prominent bar-and-grill, and the Prosecutor offered 8 days in jail as it was my first ever offense.. I got six months, most of blamed upon my anti-Obama web site. An extra long driver's suspension, and my career as a driver effectively ended. So I live on Food Stamps and church hand-outs, now. On at least four occasions did such owners tamper with my brakes, especially, in such manners in a technical way I did not know until later, but could have been downright fatal to me and/or others. Were it not that I have some other past military-related issues on-going, and if I'd been allowed to, I would have just done something else with my time. But I've had no choice. The bottom line is: Why would our politicians and authorities allow this to go on? What have they got against Wyoming small businesses? The main cause of this is the legislated super-high insurance costs they've been targeted with. Do you remember when former County Attorney Cindy Delancy wanted to target drivers who had HAZMAT endorsements? Theose drivers - Every gas, oil, chemical, etc. shipment - would have needed "Psychiatric Exams," cancelable at any time by Homeland Security, for any political reasons whatsoever. Amazing how being a whistleblower falls into that category in this Obama age.

No comments:

Post a Comment